All 24 suspects nabbed as part of phone scam ring have pled guilty, DOJ says

0
981

Enlarge (credit: Nevada Wier / Getty Images News ) Federal prosecutors said recently that the last of 24 US-based defendants have pleaded guilty as part of the takedown of a massive phone-based scam that spanned all the way to India. Miteshkumar Patel’s guilty plea, signed on November 13, marks the last of the 24 men, while 32 more suspects remain at large in India. Over a year ago, federal authorities announced that 56 people and six companies had been indicted on various fraud charges involving phone call scams purportedly coming from the Internal Revenue Service and United States Citizenship and Immigration Services officials. Read 6 remaining paragraphs | Comments

More:
All 24 suspects nabbed as part of phone scam ring have pled guilty, DOJ says

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.